CPA marketing is the simplest way to make money online. It is usually easier than regular affiliate marketing because you do not have to sell anything to earn commissions. Instead, business advertisers pay you for generating leads for their companies.
The most common way to generate leads and earn commissions involves giving away free products, free quotes, free trial, free coupons and free information.
CPA Marketing vs Affiliate Marketing: What You Need to Know
What’s great about affiliate marketing is that you don’t have to have your own products and services to sell. Instead, you can join free affiliate programs and earn a commission selling products for other businesses.
As an affiliate marketer, you don’t have to buy inventory. You don’t have to provide customer service for buyers. You don’t even have to create a sales letter. You can choose the products you want to promote.
You’re given a unique affiliate link that can track all your sales automatically. All you have to do is promote your affiliate link and you can get a commission when someone buys.
Most affiliate marketing programs pay commissions every 1-2 weeks or longer. Some affiliate programs pay INSTANTLY and your commissions are sent to PayPal instantly after you make a sale.
You do have to apply for instant-pay affiliate programs before you can promote any offers. If you’re a new marketer and/or you do not have any sales, you usually have to start with delayed payments and then you can get instant-pay later.
Most new marketers don’t know that there’s another kind of affiliate marketing called CPA marketing. CPA stands for Cost Per Action or Cost Per Acquisition. In contrast, regular affiliate marketing pays commissions based on Cost Per Sale (CPS).
As a CPA affiliate marketer, you usually do not have to sell a product to earn commissions. Of course, you always have the option of selling products just like with regular affiliate marketing programs.
You can also get paid for when a prospect takes any action desired by the advertiser, including filling out a form, submitting an email or zip code, making a phone call to a business, downloading information, installing an app or signing up for freebies. Instead of paying for a sale, advertisers pay you for generating leads for their companies.
Just like affiliate marketing programs, you can have choices of hundreds or thousands of affiliate offers (products and services) to promote as a CPA marketer.
What makes CPA offers simple to promote is that prospects do not have to buy anything. They’re just required to take action and provide personal information useful for the advertiser.
Some CPA affiliate networks work with businesses (advertisers) that offer commissions over $600 per lead. Some advertisers even offer commissions up to $5000 per lead, but they’re hard to find.
If you’re curious, you can visit OfferVault.com by clicking HERE to see what affiliate offers are available at this time — click the “Payout” button to adjust the view from high to low.
CPA Marketing and Affiliate Marketing 101 [Infographic]
How to Get Paid for CPA Marketing: Typical Cost-Per-Action or Cost-Per-Acquisition (CPA)
- Email Addrеѕѕ Submіtѕ — You gеt раіd fоr each email аddrеѕѕ provided by prospects. Usually this is required by companies offering free products, free games, free quotes, free coupons, free gift cards and free information.
- Zip Code Submіtѕ — You gеt раіd fоr each zip code provided by prospects.
- Survey Participation — You gеt раіd fоr each survey participation by prospects.
- Filling Out Forms — Usually, the prospects are required to fill out forms with their contact information, including their nаmе, еmаіl аddrеѕѕ аnd рhуѕісаl аddrеѕѕ. This CPA is usually rеԛuеѕtеd by insurance and fіnаnсial fіrmѕ as well as other companies.
- Pay Per Call — You get paid when someone makes a call to a tracked phone number (promo number) to get information and ask questions about a product or service.
- Download or Install — You get paid when someone downloads and/or installs a free or paid software.
- Cell Phоnе PIN Submіtѕ — The prospects are required to provide thеіr cell рhоnе number. To get the product or service they want, they are required to enter a PIN соdе that the business has provided. This оftеn involves ѕеrvісеѕ, such аѕ, frее games, free ringtones or оthеr сеll рhоnе services.
- Frее Trials — Prospects can request free trials оf wеіght lоѕѕ offers, hеаlth рrоduсtѕ, nutritional ѕuррlеmеntѕ or subscription ѕеrvісеѕ. Some companies wіll аlѕо аѕk fоr сrеdіt card information in addition to contact and delivery information
CPA marketing and affiliate marketing programs can be very profitable for entrepreneurs who can learn how to promote products and services effectively.
What Is the Common Roadblock for Affiliates Interested In Starting CPA Marketing?
You do have to apply for CPA affiliate networks. You’re usually required to give your website or blog URL when you apply. If you have a professional-looking website and/or blog, it can boost your credibility.
An interview is usually required by the affiliate network before you get approved.
The phone interview is usually quick and easy. They just want to know that you’re a legitimate marketer and not a scammer.
If you spam prospects, you will most likely get terminated and not get paid. Breaking SPAM laws can lead to potential HUGE fines and lawsuits for businesses and affiliate networks. So, they’re very strict about penalizing affiliates that spam.
The main focus of the CPA marketing interview is going to be your marketing strategies. If you know how to do pay-per-click (PPC) advertising (search marketing), you usually can get approved.
However, you application will be much stronger if you can also discuss your experience with display advertising and email marketing as well as social media marketing.
Most businesses give you multiple promotion options for their offers (products and services). It’s a good idea to test your sales and conversions using different marketing strategies in order to maximize your commissions.
Want to MAXIMIZE Your Sales and Profits?
Learn How to Apply the 80/20 Rule for Marketing to MAXIMIZE Your Sales and Profits…Yes! You Can Make More and Work Less, Click HERE.