No matter how busy you are, you can still perform good deeds. You can perform online activism or participate in virtual volunteering opportunities.
By helping nonprofits, you can empower them to increase the impact of their good works. CC BY-SA by symphony of love
You can perform good deeds with maximum impact and minimum time by helping nonprofits raise funds. By helping people who make a difference in the community raise funds, you can empower them to help even more people. Your fundraising good deeds can make a lot of good community programs happen.
Not everyone can be in the front lines distributing food to the hungry, saving the environment, helping the homeless or helping at-risk kids.
Doing Good Deeds With Maximum Impact and Minimum Time
By helping schools, after-school programs and nonprofit organizations raise funds, you can participate in their good work. Helping people who are making a difference can have ripple effects of helping even more children, families and other people in the community.
1) You can donate your skills by helping non-profits with marketing or generating publicity for their fundraising.
2) You can raise awareness by writing about them and promoting their good work. This can help encourage others to help these schools, after-school programs and nonprofit organizations.
3) You can participate in dance contests, martial art exhibitions and other fundraising events.
4) If you’re a photographer, painter, sculptor or an artist, you can donate your creation for fundraising auctions. You can also work with a local gallery to have a fundraising event for schools, after-school programs or nonprofits.
5) If you are a comedian, you can participate in comedy events to raise funds for schools, after-school programs and nonprofits. If you have a good following or fan base, you can use “self-publishing” or do-it-yourself tools to create a CD, DVD or MP3 of your comedy and offer your creation for fundraising.
6) If you are a singer or you have a band, you can participate in benefit concerts to raise funds for schools, after-school programs and nonprofits. If you have a good following or fan base, you can use “self-publishing” or do-it-yourself tools to create a CD, DVD or MP3 of your music and offer your creation for fundraising.
7) If you’re an author or a publisher, you can work with schools, after-school programs and nonprofits to sell your books and share the proceeds with them. Cooking and how-to books are popular for fundraising. If you’re an aspiring author, you can pursue your passion and publish your own books.
8) If you have a good idea for a film, you can use “self-publishing” or do-it-yourself tools to create a DVD of your film and offer your creation for fundraising.
9) If you have a great how-to idea — for example, fitness, weight loss, orchid gardening, etc. — you can use “self-publishing” or do-it-yourself tools to create a CD or DVD of your idea or self-publish your how-to books. You can offer your creation for fundraising.
10) You can give a small donation when nonprofit volunteers stop by and bring cookies, chocolates, raffle tickets, coupon booklets and other fundraising items.
11) If you have a business, you can help schools, after-school programs and nonprofits raise funds by donating items for raffles, auctions and other fundraising events. You can boost goodwill by providing a great service to your community and you can get almost free advertising for your company.
Your donation of time, money, products, services, talent, skill or other gifts can help empower schools, after-school programs and other nonprofit organizations to help more people in your community.
Doing Good Is Good Business
Business owners and other entrepreneurs as well as artists and professionals making a difference in their communities can also get some publicity for their businesses.
For your generosity, your name or business will most likely be mentioned in the fundraising marketing materials distributed in the community; so, you can get free publicity.
You can also write a press release for fundraising events. You can send a press release to your local newspapers and get more press coverage.
Some press releases can be included in Google News, Google and other search engines; so, you can get more traffic for your website or blog. In addition, journalists — who are always looking for new stories that might interest their readers — might write about you; so, you can get local or even national publicity.
Most fundraising events do not get any radio or television coverage. But if you have a huge event for schools, after-school programs or nonprofits, you can request to have it mentioned on the radio or television for free.
By helping nonprofits raise funds, you can get free publicity for yourself or your business. If you donated your talent or artistic creation, getting some publicity can help you get an agent or maybe even contacts that can offer financial support.